Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December Daily 2013 : Day 9

December 9 / what we did : saw our first snowfall of the month. Though we could still see the tips of the grass, it was cold enough to stay around for several days.
Just over a week into the project, I did a big desk cleanup and flipped through my kit supplies to see what I hadn't used so far. This wood veneer alpha hadn't been touched yet so I decided to go for a big title on a big photo.
Before stitching the veneer to the photo, I embossed them with some old clear glitter powder I had. The snowflake for the O is from last year's Studio Calico kit. The embossing is subtle, but I like it.
Love the days that I get to fill 4 3x4 pockets. The top left is some flocked transparency I had left over from last year's album (Fancy Pants maybe?) along with a 2x2 wood chip from Two Peas. Another Ali Edwards / Technique Tuesday journaling card, my date card and a filler card I made from Elle's Studio Noel vellum, Basic Grey paper and a Cosmo Cricket sticker. The tags you see through the vellum are part of Day 10.
You can see all of my 2013 December Daily posts here.

3 comments: